Oasis Oasis

Very well done in such a short amount of time. I especially enjoyed the "bending scenes". Dynamic character movement is definitely one of your strong suits, and it lead nicely up to the plant-clips. Good job!

Companion Companion

Oh wow, I'm so happy to finally see this animation in its finished form! This was really atmospheric - very well done : )

Electric Brain-Spaghetti Electric Brain-Spaghetti

Think I'll be rooting for you this round! The way you choose to tell your stories is very consistent and well-thought-through, and I am really digging your art style. Good job : )

Butzbo responds:

Heh, I must admit I wasn't totally sure of how the story would turn out considering so many late-tweaks I had to make because of the unavoidable deadline, so in a way that's a relief!
I still think this NATA round is particularly hard-fought, so good luck to you aswell (: !
Thanks for the review!

Amy Amy

I liked this. I don't care about the animation quality, the structure or the voice acting. A lot of people out there can replicate those qualities at a professional level. What I do care about is that you spent a lot of time on this and put your heart and soul into it, telling a unique story with familiar assets.
It's very honest for what it is.

Thanks for making this, I am impressed :)

DMT - The Last Seconds DMT - The Last Seconds

This kind of reminds me of the animation that I'll be releasing later today or tomorrow. Great job though - love the thoughts behinds it :)

The hidden door The hidden door

Can't seem to understand why this haven't gotten a higher rating. It had some great dynamics, and a quite original style. Good luck in the tournament! :)

Hiccup - Pencil test Hiccup - Pencil test

Good, good! I always support pencil animation and experiments, though this might be something that reather belongs on YouTube or some other site. Anyways, on with the constructive criticism-thing:

You've brought some good stretch and squash effect into this, but there is one thing that really disturbs me: The fact that she during these 17 (?) frames turns her head so much. It makes it look quite confusing and makes the animation lose the hiccup-feel.
You may also want to make the character breath before the hiccup so that it is more believable and maybe put some movement into the hair, but this is mostly a matter of opinion.

I hope this is the kind of response you wished for by uploading this here - Good luck with future animations :)

Splice of Life (NATA) Splice of Life (NATA)

That was awesome! I'm amazed at how much you've been able to accomplish during such a short period. The only thing that I can think of when it comes to constructive criticism is that I didn't really find it clear what you and your sister (?) were fighting over until the end. Maybe you could've made that more clear with a silhouette shot of the missing pen or something like that, but it might just be me that wasn't observant enough.

Just one more thing... doesn't your entry have to be tagged with "nata2012open" to be considered a submission? Can't see that tag at the moment. It would be a shame if all that hard work were to go to waste :(

Pahgawk responds:

Oh wow I can't believe I forgot that. Thanks so much for reminding me!

Yeah, I guess I left it a bit too unclear at first. I was originally planning to try to make it look like they wanted the timeline merger device so that there would be more of a misunderstanding about what they were fighting for, but I guess I just confused things a bit too much.

Thanks for the review! I can't wait to see yours :)

Derpy Cardcaptor Derpy Cardcaptor

Very nice!

With an animation like that, I don't care much for WHAT it is a parody of.
It was very fluid, and I especially liked the way the wind carried the letters. People often have problems with animating those kinds of objects (myself included), but you did it very well.
The style fitted very well for the two series that you mixed. The only thing I can think of that could've been done better in this animation, are the lines. Though I like the way they personalized your animation...

Good job!

For Nuts and Glory For Nuts and Glory

L.O.L.

Awww, they're fighting to the death... how cute :p